Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Sunday Salon: What We Read, Said & Wrote

Hello all. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Me, well, my weekend has been as full as my week. On the weekend I try to catch up on the happenings in the blogosphere between my obligation to being a fully present audience (and I've been told I need to work on being fully present) for my DQ and my guy. I am happy to report that I am in the final phase of classroom training and hopefully that means I'll have more time to enjoy and reconnect on all fronts. Honestly, I've been pretty cranky because I feel disconnected. Anyhoo, on to our week.

I hope many of you got a chance to check out Maya Ganesan's poetry earlier this summer. Don't fret, check out my interview with her and Jason Gignac's review of Apologies To An Apple.

Yesterday was the deadline for our Greeting Card Exchange. If you're still interested, enter now. I'll be working on the spreadsheet and sending lists by Monday.


For the month of December, we're running only one CORA Diversity Roll Call. I know everyone is busy but please join in. You have the entire month and this assignment looks at holiday books including what's on your wish list. You never know who's a secret santa, share.

With the new year comes a lot of hosted reading challenges. Check the sidebar for some. I'm entering a few to help focus my reading and target some new audiences to promote poc writers.

Doret is simply amazing. I don't know how this woman works full-time and crank out so many reviews. Check out her review of Blessing's Bead. Ari, is another wonder. If you're looking for more poc reviews and contests to win poc books, you have to visit Reading In Color.

I am happy to say I've done a makeover of my blog, Black-Eyedsusan's. Come by. On Mondays, I host Little Lov'n Monday and this meme could use some lov'n.

Thanks to Carol Rasco, I've ordered new titles. Expect new additions in our Prize Bucket. Each month there are five ways to win a free book at Color Online. Check out last Sunday's Salon to see how you can win. New Crayons will be up this week. Lastly, I'm always looking for members to guest blog. Who wants to listen to me all the time? If you have an article, meme or review you'd like to share, contact me.

Wishing you and your family a safe and blessed holiday season. Happy reading.

No comments: