Friday, March 25, 2011

In the Time of Butterflies - Algonquin Book Club

I am currently reading In the Time of Butterflies by Julia Alvarez and loving it. When I found out it was the first book selected for the new Algonquin Book Club, I decided to finally pick it up. Some novels are classics for a reason, In the Time of Butterflies is one of them. Looking forward to watching out the book club webcast, author Edwidge Danticat interviews Julia Alvarez about In the Time of Butterflies. The event was held at a Miami bookstore and sold out, 250 tickets.

3 comments:

MissA said...

LOVE that book! I'm going to use the discussion to try and re-read it :)

Toni Campbell said...

I never read the book, but I was flipping through the channels early one morning and caught the movie. I really liked the story.

Doret said...

I didn't even realize In the Time of Butterflies was made into a movie, until recently.

Though now I'd love to see it.