Tuesday, September 8, 2009

CORA: Diversity Roll Call: Short Story Stroll

A few days short for a new assignment. This time we look at short stories. Choose a single author or an anthology. Introduce us to new writers or a new niche. Micro fiction anyone? Preferably choose writers or color, but if you think there is a particular collection or theme that is rarely spotlighted, enlightened us.

Give us a list of your favorite short story titles. Do a profile of a short story author. What were your favorite short story reads this year?

Hey, with the all that happened this week, we're extending the assignment till September 25th. To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, going to do a random drawing for a collection of Latin American short stories.

You know the drill, post your feature to your own blog and come back here and leave us a link using Mr. Linky. Happy reading.

7 comments:

Doret said...

Susan, I am going to stand at the front of the line this time and go first. Off to do Roll Call right now.

Karen Strong said...

Hey Susan,

There is one anthology that I really love by ZZ Packer. I put my post in Mister Linky. :)

susan said...

Thanks Karen and Doret,

Hope to have mine up tomorrow. I'm going to post it at BES this time.

Akilah said...

I added my post to Mr. Linky.

Doret said...

If its Drinking Coffee Elsewhere by Packer, I loved that

Color Online said...

Okay, I know meaning of us were busy with BBAW so I'm extending this to the 25th. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, adding a drawing for a collection of short stories.

Drop those links.

Claudia said...

Aha! I made it just in time this week! I've posted on Toni Cade Bambara's "The Lesson" from her collection, Gorilla, My Love. I put it up on Mr. Linky and I'm off to explore the others...!