Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunday Salon: What We Read, Said & Wrote

The week went by quickly. Read and thoroughly enjoyed Magic or Madness by Justine Larablastier and Hush by Minfong Ho. Just started The Other Side of Paradise by Staceyann Chin. For Male Monday, I reviewed Every Time A Rainbow Dies by Rita Williams-Garcia at Black-Eyed Susan's. Also reviewed The Color of Earth by Kim Dong Hwa.


What originally was intended to be a single post will now be a weekly feature. On Mondays, Doret and I will co-host"What Do I Read Next?". We'll feature a title or two, and we'll recommend a few titles based on your requests. This week for COLA, we're showing Doret, my new co-admin some love.

Guest blogger, The Prisoner's Wife reviewed Children of the Waters by Carleen Brice. Camile finally got her groove on and Colleen at Chasing Ray is hosting SE Asia Round-up. For the round-up, our weekly quiz features Minfong Ho and I followed up with a feature on Ms. Ho's Hush for Poetry Friday. Color Me Brown Challenge is going very well: 44 reviews! Keep them coming.

This week for CORA Diversity Roll Call, we're reviewing food and memoirs. Little lite on the reviews but we still have a week. Join us. Drop a link. Speaking of links, don't forget about Little Lovin' Monday at Black-Eyed Susan's. You can drop links between Saturday night through Wednesday. Do you have your New Crayons post up? You know the drill, link please.

Lastly, have you checked our Prize Bucket lately? We have lots of new titles. We have a prize list like no other book community, I promise you. And it keeps growing. Now the problem: Books are to be read not hoarded so come on people participate in the quizzes and challenges; send me your reviews so I can send you a book I know you're going to love.

Have a good week and read, people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan,
Thanks for this! Between returning home and school starting, I feel like the blogosphere has gotten away from me. This helps me do some catching up.
Have a great week!