Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Phati'tude :A Multicultural Literary Magazine

Last week I got an email from Gabrielle David the Executive Director on International Alliance of Artist & Scholars., wanting to know if I could promote their website, phatitude and literary magazine phati'tude. After I finished reading this email once through, I quickly read it again. It still sounded legitimate.

Since it past that first test I decided to do a little research. I wanted to know who was behind this literary magazine before I would promote. I was able to easily find the board members and mission page. I like that all this was out in the open for anyone to find.

After finding all this out, IAAS and phatitude were starting to sound like something I could get behind, especially since 10 of the 13 board members are female. I believe women are better at remembering men have stories as well. Maybe its because women have sons or because women are more willingly to embrace fiction written by the opposite sex.

Finally, I wanted to look inside phati'tude magazine. I was very impressed by what the magazine had to offer, its diversity and purpose.

Phati’tude, an emphatic attitude towards contemporary literature, is a series of initiatives that foster understanding of and respect for cultural diversity through literature and media literacy. Born from the need to change a static mindset on the written word, our website provides a forum for poets, writers and educators with diverse voices and perspectives. phati’tude programs are the cornerstone of the IAAS.

We are currently promoting phati’tude Literary Magazine, our quarterly publication that publishes poetry, fiction and essays written by both emerging and established writers of diverse origins whose works exhibit social, political and cultural awareness. Every issue offers readers riveting reviews, in-depth interviews, penetrating essays, a wonderful selection of artwork and photography; and a wide range of prose, short stories and poetry from the U.S. and around the world


Phat'tude magazine can be purchased at amazon.com.

Not ready to buy just yet, please keep it on your radar and visit the phatitude's website. (free of charge)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Doret. It sounds very interesting.