Saturday, March 5, 2011

Please, Let Me Hate on You

Working at a bookstore, whether I liked a book or not, or haven't even read it, I get tried of seeing the same titles on the bestseller list for weeks then months. Years ago I thought Dan Brown's, Da Vinci Code would stay a bestseller forever. Now I feel the same way about Chris Cleave's, Little Bee and Steig Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Cleave and Larsson's novels have been paperback bestsellers for months. Neither is going anywhere anytime soon. Especially Larsson's since the American version of the movie is in the works. Yes, I am hating.

I wish I could hate on a few female authors of color. I would love to get tired on seeing The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow, or Wench by Dolen Perkins - Valdez on the paperback best seller list.

The Girl Who Fell From the Sky is currently number 15 on NYT paperback bestseller list. Wench is popular with book clubs and I believe it can break back into the list

It would give me great joy to get tired of seeing The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson on the hardcover bestseller list. The Warmth of Other Suns was choosen one of the 10 best books of 2010 by the NYT. It is also a non fiction finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Honor. The winners will be announced on March 8th.

1 comment:

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Girl, do I understand or what?!!!