Sunday, January 23, 2011

Win Wench & Books Read and to be Read

When Ari, proposed a January hiatus everyone quickly agreed. I know I've enjoyed the break. Since its getting close to February, I decided to do one or two post, to get people used to visiting Color Online again.

Blogger Evelyn N. Alfred is giving away a signed copy of Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez. Evelyn even shows the autograph. Wench was one of my favorite novels last year. The paperback comes out this Tuesday, Jan. 25. I love cover.


I've been reading a lot of young adult middle grade fiction like I usually do. Color Online keeps me honest with my adult fiction, which helps me avoid burn out. Three adult novels I have recently read are The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman.

This is the latest Tess Monaghan novel. I've read all of Lippman's novels and I love the Monaghan series. The Girl in the Green Raincoat was very good. It was nice losing myself in characters that I've been reading from the beginning. The Monaghan series are sent in Baltimore. If you are familiar with that series and enjoy mysteries its a must read. Especially if your a fan of Dennis Lehane or George Pelecanos.

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo. Its a Swedish mystery. ( love mysteries) I really got into it and thought it was very good. Looking forward to reading more by Nesbo.

Sometimes, I am inclined to step out of my comfort zone and read a recommended title because the person making the suggestion enjoys other books I've liked. With that in mind I figured why not mention Lippman and Nesbo.

The third adult book I've enjoyed is Waking up in the Land of Glitter by Kathy Cano-Murillo. This novel was some serious fun, I loved it. I will be reviewing it in Feb. Its a must read if you love crafting or laughing a lot.

Its also a great choice if you are participating in the Colorful Chick Lit Challenge . I plan on reading a lot of the suggested chick lit titles by Women of Color

I don't read much non fiction, though I have read I Beat the Odds by Michael Oher. Oher is the football player featured in Michael Lewis book The Blind Side. I really enjoyed this, and I am glad Oher got a chance to tell his story. Especially since hollywood got a hold of it. This is actually a great suggestion for teens.

Today, I will starting One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. So what have been some of your most recent reads and what are you reading now?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The Girl In the Green Raincoat looks like a really good book! I am reading Instaiable by Allison Hobbs right now. I am loving it!