Thursday, December 10, 2009

Color Online Quiz: Literature and Women's Studies

Quiz #84

Answer the quiz and your name will be entered in a monthly drawing. Post your reply to the comment box. Must provide your email addy to be eligible to win. Cool prizes, check out our Prize Bucket.

I realise that it is fashionable now to dismiss the traditional novel as something of an anachronism, but to me it is still a vital form. Not only does it allow for the kind of full-blown, richly detailed writing that I love… but it permits me to operate on many levels and to explore both the inner state of my characters as well as the worlds beyond them. ~Paule Marshall

She was born April 9, 1839.ournalist, short fiction writer, novelist, essayist, lecturer, and educator. Who is she?


Ana said...

The quote belongs to Paule Marshall form an interview (quoted by in her bio which I think I read it some other place as well). But she was born much later than 1839..ok and e-mail is

Color Online said...


Thanks Ana.