This meme has been circulating around the blogosphere a while. I read a very interesting discussion that ensued at one bloggers site, here. What Renay and her readers have to say is revealing but not surprising to me. How do you fair with this? If you choose to answer, post your response on your blog and leave us a link. And let me say kudos and thanks to Renay for standing firm on her positions.
1. Name the last book by a female author that you’ve read.
2. Name the last book by an African or African-American author that you’ve read.
3. Name one from a Latino/a author.
4. How about one from an Asian country or Asian-American?
5. What about a GLBT writer?
6. Why not name an Israeli/Arab/Turk/Persian writer, if you’re feeling lucky?
7. Any other “marginalized” authors you’ve read lately?