Color Online is sponsoring a poetry contest. This event is hosted by Alternatives for Girls, 903 W. Grand Boulevard, Detroit, 48208. Contestants may submit poems in any form they choose. Works must be original and not previously submitted for competition or publication.
A reception and reading will be held on April 30th in the Ford Room. Awards will be presented to winners and honorable mentions.
We encourage poets to explore themes that are central to girl and women studies: empowerment, spirituality, body image, inner strength, community activism, self-awareness, equality, political action, diversity, multiculturalism, self-esteem, reproductive health and sexuality.
Contest deadline is April 23rd.
• Entries must be submitted via email at email@example.com
• 3 entry maximum; submit each entry separately.
• Email subject line should read: CO Poetry Contest.
• In the body of the email include full name, phone number and title of poem.
• Submit poem as an attachment; only put title on attachment.
• Minimum line length: 3 Max: 25
1st place- $50 cash and poetry collection
2nd place- $25 cash and poetry collection
3rd place- gift card and poetry collection
Honorable mentions will receive gift cards or poetry collections
Workshops will be held at Alternatives for Girls, 903 W. Grand Boulevard. Wednesdays: 4/2, 4/9, 4/16 & 4/23 5:00-7:00ppm
Sundays: 4/6, 4/13 & 4/20 2:00-4:00pm