Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Potupourri: Literature & Women's Studies

Quiz #13
Answer the quiz and your name will be entered in a monthly drawing. Post your reply to the comment box. Must include your e-mail to be eligible to win.

“Ordinary women of grace are, in a sense, my real role models. What always struck me is how unbitter they were. They had the capacity to keep struggling. I think that is a message that this quick-fix culture needs….”

In 1965, she was the first black woman admitted to the bar in Mississippi. A graduate of Spelman and Yale Law School, in 1994 she received the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Medal for Outstanding Professional Service in Civil and Human Rights. Who is she?


Brainy Mama said...

Myrlie Evers-Williams! I met her at Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn while attending the National Black writers Conference a couple of years ago.

Color Online said...

Hi brainy mama,

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Please try again.


Brainy Mama said...

Awwww man!

Brainy Mama said...

Marian Wright Edelman, founder of the Children's Defense Fund.

That is what I get for answering trivia questions while at work.

Color Online said...