CONGRATULATIONS, WINNERS: Rhapsody at Rhapsodyinbooks, Allison at Read Into This!, Erika at Made by Momma , Doret at Happy Nappy Bookseller and Liz at A Chair, Fireplace & ATea Cozy.
Originally, I said we'd have 3 winners but with 121 links, I increased it to 5. Thank you all for incredible participation. As I promised, there is more. Every Monday, begining September 7th, I will feature 5 links to CMB reviews I find across the blogosphere. Once a month, I'll select reviewer among these links to receive a free book from our Prize Bucket. You won't have to link back to us. You don't have to do anything except what you already are: reading and reviewing books that reflect the diversity of our world. To spread the loot, a reviewer can only win once a year for CMB. Of course, there are so many other ways to win free books here.
Thanks again to all of you for making this challenge a huge success.
Read and review POC books through the month of August. We'll have a random drawing for 3 reviewers at the end of the challenge. Drop us a link to your review to be eligible. +3 entries for any sidebar link/tweet or blog post about this challenge. Contest limited to US residents.
If you want books, here are some options:
1) Request your library buy it. Many will when a patron asks. I have a wonderful library system and every request has been purchased.
2) Look for dated POC on trade sites like Paperbackswap.com I understand folks can't buy every book they want to read. I know I can't.
3) Contact the author directly. Many will send you a copy. They don't have endless stashes but believe me they love being asked for books for review.
4) Send me a review of book by POC writer. Every month I do a drawing for a free book for reviews we publish.
5) Color Online runs trivia quizzes. Same deal. Enter the drawing win a book. And winners pick their prizes from our Prize Bucket.
6) Book Loan Program at Color Online. For all active members at Color Online, I will loan you a book. Just pay for return shipping. I run a library with more than 3000 books. Our collection is 90% women 80% POC. You can see a partial list of our collection here. Let me confess, cataloguing online has not been my priority. If you don't see a title, ask. I'll be happy to see if we own it. *You must be an active member. If you need clarification, write me.
I want books in readers' hands. If you commit to read and review, I'll send you the book.I think I have effectively addressed the access issue.
Read brown, people.
Please post book titles in your links.